The most important parts of Christmas to me, and the one that bring me the most joy are those which stem from family tradition. Christmas has always been a big holiday in my life, and I can’t wait for all the little things throughout the day:
- We start the day with coffee and reading the story of Jesus’ birth from Luke.
- Then comes present time! (Although, this year is a little different, here‘s why!) I always love seeing everyone’s faces when they open the gifts I chose for them.
- We always have sliced up fruit and Grands Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. (Sooooo good!)
- The year my father died was really hard, we couldn’t just sit at home- so we started a new tradition of going to see a film in the afternoon.
- A special dinner of lamb and everything yummy!
- And maybe our strangest tradition is watching a Christmas Story during Christmas dinner. (Super unconventional!
We weren’t going to do a tree this year, as we had donated Christmas away (anddddd all our decorations are in storage). However, I couldn’t go without that little tradition, so we purchased a small tree and I broke into my card stock and put together a chain and all these little ornaments for it, as well as making a bow. I’m so happy with how it turned out. I really did need this Christmas tradition!
I’m not posting a lot right now, because this time of year is all for family and those present in your life. However, I hope you are all enjoying your time with those you love and that your Christmas day is full of peace, laughter, and quiet moments that will last a lifetime- not to mention traditions!
PS: I’d love to hear about some of your favourite Holiday traditions and moments!
PSS: I think these “ugly Christmas sweaters” will be tradition for my Sweet Babboo and I from now on!