“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Summer Time is Here!
Summer is magical. Perhaps the lure of school vacation embedded the thoughts and dreams of all the wonderful potential of the season into our heads from adolescence. Perhaps there is rebirth to be found in the sun’s rays, or a sultry summer’s eve. Whatever it might be, no one can deny they feel different, more alive in the summer months. It’s as if the whole world finally slows down. Evenings turn to laughter, and stress drifts away with the warm summer breeze.
I don’t know about you, but every year I write a bucket list of everything I want to spend the few short hot months of summer doing! There are sometimes new things, sometimes the list is the same. Regardless of what’s on it, I try my best to do every single thing as soon as the weather turns warm.
My Summer Bucket List
- Go to the beach. (This is always, always, number one!)
- Camping: with family/friends, and a couple trips to the backwoods. (I love it being just me and nature!)
- Vineyard trips with friends. (Northern VA has sooo many vineyards!)
- A road trip.
- Reading in the sun on my back deck.
- Drinking copious amounts of cold brew iced tea with lemon.
- A picnic.
- Kayaking, whitewater rafting, and boating in general. (All three must be done!)
- Evening walks with my husband and puppy!
Do you have a summer list? I’d love to hear about what you like to do during the long days we’re having right now!
SHOP THE POST