I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Mariam of The Petite Bijou. I’m so honoured to have her chose me, along with several other wonderful women, to receive the award. Mariam is definitely one of the most sincerely honest and all around intelligent style bloggers out there. I highly recommend giving her page a read! My favorite part of this award is how it connects so many creative minds together; it’s a great tool to make new blogging friends and to find wonderful new reads!
Part of accepting this award is choosing seven facts to share with everyone! Here are seven very random facts about myself:
- I am a full time student working on my BA in Public Relations with a minor in marketing. It’s a dream of mine to be able to return to school and thanks to the support and encouragement of my amazing husband that dream is a reality.
- I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd (the originals)! I have a collection of in box action figures and paraphernalia, and my favourite movie is The Empire Strikes Back. I’m super excited because I’ll be attending opening night tickets to the newest episode!!!
- I have Slovak heritage on my mother’s side and I have gone to Slovakia for the past nine years in the summer. While there I visit my Slovak family and teach at an English camp for children. Slovakia is a such a passion for me, and God worked some amazing things during my times there!
- I have studied the Russian and Slovak language for years, both languages are really easy for me to pic up for some odd reason- unlike Spanish!
- I am an avid reader! I love everything about books, especially the newly printed scent. My three favourite books are (in no particular order): The Count of Monte Cristo, Wuthering Heights, and Anna Karenina. Russian and British literature are my jam- probably why I have this horrid habit of using the extra “u” in “favourite” and “colour”.
- After losing my father my senior year of high school I was diagnosed with acute depression and anxiety. Many days it’s a struggle to even get out of bed, or I have debilitating panic attacks triggered at random. I’m so blessed though to be surrounded by such loving family and friends who are always there for me through the darkness.
- I make a mean crepe! My dad taught me and over the years we perfected our recipe, a recipe I still use for family breakfast today.
The most fun part of the award is I get to nominate fifteen of my favourite bloggers! Here’s the rules of the game when and if you accept:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Link back to their blog
- Write 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and link back to their blogs
Shell of A Courageous Beauty
Bailey and Sasha of Effortless Elegance
Lauren of A Few of My Favorite Things
Emily of Ditch the Heels
Jordan of Petite Modern
Molly of Style Miss Molly
Kelly of Paper Meets Pearl
Michele of Classic and Gray
Julianna of Blush and Camo
Nadine of Denim Beans
Lauren of La Vie Petite
Arielle of With All My Affection
Margo of Beauty and The Beat
Kayle of The Uptown Charade
Toby of Posh and Spicy
Please give the rules a follow and and let your readers see your new award!
Kait, congrats on your nomination and thank you so much for passing that along to me! I LOVED hearing more about you and appreciate how open and honest you are! I’m so sorry to hear about your father and how you had to endure his loss at such a young age. Kudos to you for going back to school and facing your challenges head on! Oh, and being you live pretty close to me- I may have try one of your crepes one day! I’ve never had one- don’t judge! Sending you lots of love! xx
Thank you for all your kind words and support!!! Your encouragement means so much. I feel like I need to have a blogger crepe meet up at my house now!
Btw I can’t wait to read your post and facts about you. Hugs, Kait
Hello Kait, thank you so much for the nomination! It’s so nice getting to know you better from this post. I am back in school as well with the support of my husband 🙂 I am really sorry to hear about your father. I hope each day gets easier and that you’re surrounded by love ones. *hugs*
You’re so welcome beautiful! I can’t wait to read your post. Thank you for your support. Good luck with school!!! I know it’s a lot….
It was really great to learn a little bit more about you! I’m really sorry to hear about your father.. that would never be easy. I make some pretty good crepes myself too after loading them with a ton of nutella. I think it’s so cool that you know other languages. Both my parents are from Poland and although they raised me speaking polish I still speak english back to them haha!
Thank you so much for your condolences; I really appreciate it. It never gets easier, but time gives you way of coping for sure. Nutella is the best!!!! In Poland and Slovakia they also have this amazing spread called Duo that is like Nutella, but chocolate and vanilla swirled together. Love it! How cool to have been raised speaking another language though! Much easier than doing it in adulthood. Hugs, Kait
How cool that you go to Slovakia that often!! You go girl! Did you grow up learning the language or did you teach yourself? I’m the same way with spanish.. It makes NO sense to me but I can speak Arabic so take that spanish 😉 i’m sorry about your father; I lost mine last year and the months after were filled with so much darkness I know hard it can be but how wonderful God is in those times. But how wonderful that you learned to make an awesome crepe from him!! Confession: I’ve never had a crepe!! One day.. Thanks for the nomination Kait!!! -Nadine
Oh my goodness Nadine, let me start with I completely understand your loss and if you ever need anyone to talk to who’s been there please do not hesitate to reach out.
The language was easy to pick up because my friends there are very diligent about teaching me. They are wonderful. It’s funny how Arabic and Russian have different alphabets but we find them easy compared to Spanish!
You officially have to have a crepe!!! They are delightful, both sweet and savory kinds! ♡♡♡♡
Thank you again for the nomination, it means a lot! <3
And congrats for your award too 🙂
You’re so welcome gorgeous!!!