I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Mariam of The Petite Bijou. I’m so honoured to have her chose me, along with several other wonderful women, to receive the award. Mariam is definitely one of the most sincerely honest and all around intelligent style bloggers out there. I highly recommend giving her page a read! My favorite part of this award is how it connects so many creative minds together; it’s a great tool to make new blogging friends and to find wonderful new reads!
Part of accepting this award is choosing seven facts to share with everyone! Here are seven very random facts about myself:
- I am a full time student working on my BA in Public Relations with a minor in marketing. It’s a dream of mine to be able to return to school and thanks to the support and encouragement of my amazing husband that dream is a reality.
- I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd (the originals)! I have a collection of in box action figures and paraphernalia, and my favourite movie is The Empire Strikes Back. I’m super excited because I’ll be attending opening night tickets to the newest episode!!!
- I have Slovak heritage on my mother’s side and I have gone to Slovakia for the past nine years in the summer. While there I visit my Slovak family and teach at an English camp for children. Slovakia is a such a passion for me, and God worked some amazing things during my times there!
- I have studied the Russian and Slovak language for years, both languages are really easy for me to pic up for some odd reason- unlike Spanish!
- I am an avid reader! I love everything about books, especially the newly printed scent. My three favourite books are (in no particular order): The Count of Monte Cristo, Wuthering Heights, and Anna Karenina. Russian and British literature are my jam- probably why I have this horrid habit of using the extra “u” in “favourite” and “colour”.
- After losing my father my senior year of high school I was diagnosed with acute depression and anxiety. Many days it’s a struggle to even get out of bed, or I have debilitating panic attacks triggered at random. I’m so blessed though to be surrounded by such loving family and friends who are always there for me through the darkness.
- I make a mean crepe! My dad taught me and over the years we perfected our recipe, a recipe I still use for family breakfast today.
The most fun part of the award is I get to nominate fifteen of my favourite bloggers! Here’s the rules of the game when and if you accept:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Link back to their blog
- Write 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers and link back to their blogs
Shell of A Courageous Beauty
Bailey and Sasha of Effortless Elegance
Lauren of A Few of My Favorite Things
Emily of Ditch the Heels
Jordan of Petite Modern
Molly of Style Miss Molly
Kelly of Paper Meets Pearl
Michele of Classic and Gray
Julianna of Blush and Camo
Nadine of Denim Beans
Lauren of La Vie Petite
Arielle of With All My Affection
Margo of Beauty and The Beat
Kayle of The Uptown Charade
Toby of Posh and Spicy
Please give the rules a follow and and let your readers see your new award!